Visit Mississippi Responsibly
We look forward to welcoming visitors to Mississippi’s scenic outdoors and numerous tourism offerings throughout the state. Visitors are advised to follow CDC guidelines while both traveling to and visiting our beautiful state. Safe practices including washing hands regularly with soap and water, minimizing close contact with others, and maintaining a minimum of six feet of social distance from others. Visitors are also encouraged to stay informed of additional public health guidance in local destinations throughout the state to minimize risk to themselves and others.
We will do our part to ensure all visitors can experience the joy of traveling to Mississippi. We thank you for doing yours.
Visit Oxford Safely
The City of Oxford has implemented an ordinance that requires all employees and customers to wear a mask when entering any business.
Highlights to Know When Visiting:
- Masks are required indoors and outdoors when unable to social distance
- Observe social distancing requirements
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
For an updated listing of what services your favorite restaurants are offering, click here.
- A mask is required indoors unless you are actively eating or drinking.
- Restaurant seating capacity has been restored to 100%.
For an updated listing of your favorite retailers, click here.
- A mask is required to enter any indoor business.
For an updated listing of local hotels, click here.
- A mask is required when entering the building and in public spaces.
The following attractions have reopened with mask requirements:
- Rowan Oak
- The University of Mississippi Museum
For now, the following attractions are closed:
- Burns-Belfry Museum and Multicultural Center
- LQC Lamar House
Local parks are open!
Visit Oxford Virtually
Before you make your trip, check out these virtual options so you can plan your itinerary!
Download the Oxford Walking Tour Guide.
If you need inspiration for what to do in Oxford, read our latest blog post with ideas on safely visiting.